Sunday, May 4, 2014

Food Review : 台风火锅 @ Balakong C180

Holla dear readers...
I actually visit my own blog every 2-3 days and you wonder why I didn't update my blog as frequent as I view it?

NO SPECIAL EVENT MAH DARLINGssss.....
But today I am going to do a Flog (Food Blog)-----Pre Mother's Day Dinner with my families.
So my mom was tempting to try this Taiwanese Style 台风火锅 since ages.....=_=
Cannnot tahan her nagging whenever she saw me..
"when want bring me go eat ah har?", " you promised me since last year liao lor." etc..

Finally I set a date...Invited them over to have dinner together .
My grandparents was here too last night =)

取名“台风”概念源自于台湾颱风,代表了有影响力及震撼的称呼。“台风”主要是以火锅为主食,透过台湾技术转移把原汁原味的独家配方汤底分享给马来西亚的消费群。除此之外,同样扮演着重要角色的独门"调味料"更是不能遗漏的环节。"台风"拥有绝佳的食材,古早味的汤底,优惠的价格再加上与众不同的经营模式,将会是马来西亚饮食业强劲的一鼓"风"潮。
“台风”主要的独家汤底基本分成六种,而我们主打的招牌古早味汤底是“酸菜锅”。“酸菜锅”是也是目前台湾最受欢迎的火锅汤底之一,它源自于中国东北部,主材料為酸白菜與豬五花肉,是清朝滿洲人的風俗,風行於中國東北,後傳入北京。吃法是將酸白菜與高湯煮成鍋底,白肉則以涮熟食用。口感别具风味且饱而不腻,汤底饮用后溢齿留香,肯定让食客们回味无穷。
A little bit of their decription in chinese.

This is how it looks like when you 1st walk in to their restaurant.
So CNY feel yeah......
Oh yeah the theme was Taiwanese Old town if i am not wrong.
My sister knew the owner of this shop which is called Mr.Tony.
He was a very nice guy ...
Keep on explaining every single details of his food creations.
My loving Papa & Mama
My cute grandparents
The boyfie and me in a...weird angle picture=_=
This was him busy serving us with two set of different hot pot.
I bet he must be so in love with his very own restaurant and enjoying his job.
Now back to the two hot pots we ordered.
1st pot was their Signature dishes ---Sour Vege Soup With Pork 酸菜白肉锅
As it's name,the stock was made up by two important ingredients which is pork and sour veges.
Mr.Tony mentioned earlier this was considered  Healthy meals.
They use less oil and salt in their soup base.
Mostly natural oil which I believes it's came from the pork slices .
I can say their soup is very refreshing ,sweet and abit sour for my taste.When times goes by we add other steamboat ingredients in it,the soup suprisingly turned sweeter =D.
The sauce corner^^
P/s: Make sure you ask the waiter to serve you their special sauce in order to taste the original taiwanese sauce recipe!Of course you can head over this area to pick your own favourite too.
The combination of deep fried shrimps,spciy vege ,peanut butter(weird but taste heavenly) and finally some soup base to whip everything up!

Homemade Fish In Bamboo----竹筒鱼香

Freshly whipped fish paste with some taiwanese hotdogs in between.
Erm....honestly speaking there's no such bamboo flavour in it.. =_=
But overall it was sweet on itself and quiet chewy.

Special Pork Balls---猪筋丸 & Taiwanese White Sausage---台湾白香肠

The boyfie said the special pork balls was way too mini size and taste okay.
THIS TAIWANESE WHITE SAUSAGE 我很love!!! It's quiet firm compare to normal hotdogs and it has a pinch of pepper taste..I adore it so much^^
Mix Cheese Balls--三味起司 & Mix Meat Balls 爆丸系列
Well they taste okay too.Nothing special.. =)
Overall the ingredienst are fresh.
All busy eating and my dad was waiting for the special set

After all these....Now it's the Mother's Day Special Hotpot set!!!
Around RM 148++(after discount) for 4 pax...
 Look how generous of the ingredient they gave us????
But hor ..I only manage to eat 1/5 of the ingredient of this hotpot =(
I tasted their soup the most, there's a hint of yam taste in it..So clear yet so sweet...I love too.
Nevermind lah...They're always next time =)
Highlight of the hotpot #1 Argentina Freshwater Prawns
I let the elder ate all of these so i am not sure whether how it taste like.
My grandma said that it was very fresh and their head are full of flesh and eggs too..OMG..
*Drooling*
Highlight of the hotpot #1 Australia Fresh Abalon
Uhhhhhhh I get to tasted half of these goodies and it sure is FRESH & CHEWY!!
I rather eat these than shark fin btw... =)

Here are all my beloved giggling and laughing all night in this heart warming ambiance restaurant.
Mr.Tony with us^^
Okay that was our pre mother's day dinner.How did you find it in visual?
Tempting to try?Oh yeah..My total review in below.

Overall review 
Enviroment wise : ★★★★★
Food wise : ★★★★ 
Price wise : ★★★★
Service wise :★★★★★

*★1-5 = bad-great
Tai Feng Hot Pot 台风火锅 
A-1-UG,
Jalan C180/1 Dataran C180,
43200 Kuala Lumpur.
营业时间: 11am - 10pm
电话: 03 - 9082 1911
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TaiFenghotpot


BONUS PICTURES AFTER DINNER(random ones of course^^)




Till Then.....
xoxo BubbleFish xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment